Here’s A Compilation Of All The Questionable And Inconsistent Statements Of Edgar Matobato
The country’s political scene is alive again when a self-proclaimed member of the Davao Death Squad (DDS) Edgar Matobato appeared as a witness in a Senate Hearing about extrajudicial killings and summary killings.
Matobato made some questionable and inconsistent statements that had some senators scratching their heads and we list them all here:
1. Matobato claimed that Paolo Duterte went to Ateneo when in fact he went Philippine Women’s College of Davao.
According to Paolo Duterte’s Wikipedia page this is his educational background:
- Elementary: Philippine Women’s College of Davao (1981-1987)
- High School: Philippine Women’s College of Davao (1987-1991)
- College: University of Mindanao; Degree Course: BS Commerce – Banking & Finance (2002)
- Graduate Studies: University of Southeastern Philippines; Degree Course: Master of Public Administration (2009)
- Graduate Studies: Lyceum Northwestern University; Degree Course: Doctor in Public Administration (2015)
Here’s Matobato’s statement regarding this:
Hatid sundo namin yan sa Ateneo nung bata pa siya
2. He was never a bodyguard of Paolo Duterte.
3. Matobato claims that a terrorist called Sali Makdum was brought and killed in the office of the Presidential Anti-Organized Crime Task Force (PAOCTF) in 2002, but PAOCTF was already abolished in 2001.
4. There’s no record of a terrorist named “Sali Makdum”, Senator Ping Lacson said that he googled “Sali Makdum” but failed to found anything on him.
5. Matobato said that Richard King was killed in Mcdonals Cebu when in fact he was killed in Vital C Cafe.
6. There’s no record of Matobato as a member of the Civilian Armed Forces Geographical Units (CAFGU).
7. Matobato said Paolo Duterte was an avid drug user but admitted that he never saw him take drugs.
8. When asked about his salary as a ghost employee in Davao City he first answered 3,000 when asked the second time he said 5,000.
9. He changed the number of people he killed from 50 to 1,000.
10. He said that in 2003 they planned to ambush and gun down then Human Rights Lawyer Leila de Lima when she had a police operation to dig up alleged graves of killed individuals, de Lima corrected him that it was in 2009.
11. He gave no clear answer on who brought him to the Senate and become a witness.
12. He claimed that he was hiding in Pangasinan since Duterte become President and said he has no internet access, no mobile phone and TV but somehow he was able to receive a call from Richard King’s wife.
13. He said that a team of gunmen fired bullets at a man but claimed that President Rodrigo Duterte was the one who had the last shot.
14. He said “pinapark daw nila yung van na itim na ginagamit nila pang kidnapped sa GAISANO SUBDIVISION”, but there is no such subdivision with that name in Davao.
15. He said he executed a notarized affidavit indicating all his revelations being a DDS before he took oath and became witness in the Senate, there is no such affidavit.
Did we missed anything? Do you have something to add? Share it in the comments below.
Disclaimer: This list is based on the observations of netizens that we collected from social media, this list may be prove or disprove as the Senate hearing continues. [source]